- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
October 15th: No School - Staff Development
October 18th: Fall Holiday - No School for Students & Staff
I want to assure you that we strictly enforce federal law tolerating no weapons of any kind on campus, which constitutes grounds for disciplinary action that may result in expulsion from school and prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
Early Student Pick-Up
In order to pick up your student before dismissal time, you must have a valid ID present and the person picking up must be listed under emergency contacts for the student. Emergency contact list can be found in Skyward. Updates to this list can be made on the Back to School Forms. Please note that excessive early pick pick ups for students will affect their attendance if not excused. This can also affect the students academic performance. Please limit student early pick to emergencies or appointments only.
Stay up to date through our social media.
Like us on Facebook: YES Prep White Oak Secondary
Follow us on Instagram: @yesprepwhiteoak
During arrival and dismissal time, please remember to keep moving forward when picking up/dropping off your students. We need to close the gaps between each car to allow for better flow of traffic. Please remember to ONLY TURN RIGHT on W. Tidwell and on Antoine during dismissal to speed up our process.
- Parents, please remember that students may not wear short shorts and also cannot wear jeans with holes/fake holes/rips/tears/frays. Students must adhere to the student dress code and wear ID's around neck at all times.
- The school day starts at 8:30am Monday - Friday. Students must be in class ready to work by 8:30am every day. We are still having many students arrive after 8:30am. This is shortening their instruction times. Please be sure to have your students here on time.
- Students should bring their laptop every day.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Updates
Stronger Mask Expectations:
Given the rise in COVID-19 cases, it is our expectation that all YES Prep students and staff wear masks on campus and while on a school bus to help protect one another and mitigate the spread of the virus. Masks will be provided as needed.
- Students are not expected to wear masks when outdoors or while eating or drinking.
- Students and staff are expected to wear a mask if in crowded outdoor settings or during activities that involve sustained close contact with other people or if they or someone in their household is immunocompromised.
- Any student who cannot wear a mask because of a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please reach out to your school’s Special Education manager for support.
Cleaning & Disinfecting Facilities:
- Daily Sanitizing: Classrooms and all campus facilities are cleaned and disinfected every night with high-contact areas cleaned and disinfected throughout the course of each school day. Hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes are available in classrooms, common areas, and high-traffic areas.
- Intensive Disinfection: Additionally, trained personnel are regularly disinfecting every campus with electrostatic sprayers, which have an electrode inside the sprayer nozzle to create a charge that draws in and kills any pathogens.
Back to School Forms
If you haven’t already, please complete Back to School forms for your child(ren)! All returning and new students to YES Prep will need to complete this process. Back to School forms are available through your Skyward Family Access account by selecting the tile named Back to School Forms 21-22. You can complete these on a computer or on your mobile device via the browser (you cannot complete the forms in the Skyward app).
Family Association Meeting
We will be having our next Parent Association Meeting on Thursday, October 7th. The meeting will be via Microsoft Teams and will start at 8:45 am. Please use the link below to join. We look forward to "seeing" you all.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
We recognize Friday’s violent incident at Southwest is still evoking many emotions, and we want to remind you of this resource with recommendations on how to discuss these feelings together at home: https://bit.ly/YPFamilyResource.
You don’t have to cope with this alone. There are counselors ready to follow up with students needing support. Please reach out if they need someone to talk to (bit.ly/yesprepsaf).
YES Prep Family Portal
The YES Prep Family Portal is a user-friendly way for families to view important information -attendance, grades, missing assignments, etc.- and understand their student’s progress. Even better, you can now download the Family Portal as a mobile app for iOS or Android.
For more information: https://www.yesprep.org/families/dashboards/portal-help
Houston Food Bank Backpack Buddy
The Houston Food Bank’s Backpack Buddy program works to provide nutritious food for school children every Friday to take home over the weekend
El programa Backpack Buddy del Houston Food Bank trabaja para proporcionar alimentos nutritivos cada viernes para que los escolares se lleven a casa durante el fin de semana.
Please fill out the form found here to receive assistance/Por favor llena el formulario para recibir ayuda https://forms.gle/tAwzHZTTWH1P6mwr8
- Family Notes